Greetings from the Founder

Dennis Kennedy

Dennis KennedyAs founder of the National Diversity Council, I would like to welcome you to the second quarter edition of the 2013 NDC Carolinas' Newsletter. We are excited about 2013 and the unique events we have planned. The March Women in Leadership Symposium in Charlotte focused on topics revolving around branding, building networking effectively, and sponsorship (finding and giving).

NDC Carolinas Diversity Council Hosts the Inaugural Wilmington Women in Leadership Symposium

The Inaugural Wilmington Women in Leadership Symposium was held on April 23rd at the Odell Williamson Auditorium at Brunswick Community College. Students from the college and professionals from the Wilmington area were in attendance to receive a wealth of knowledge from a diverse group of successful women executives. This year's theme was "Women Leaders as Architects of Change."

Asian Pacific Heritage Month

The month of May has been designated as Asian-Pacific Heritage Month - a celebration of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States. The celebration of this month originated in a congressional bill introduced by Reps. Frank Horton of New York and Norman Y. Mineta of California in June 1977.

From Diversity to Inclusive Excellence

They increase the quality of decisions that are made. They reduce turnover and increase employee and customer loyalty. They're able to be more flexible when dealing with problems, and are better able to adapt to problems when they arise. White males only account for 35% of the workforce, and in the "war for talent", failing to see the value in the other 65% can be devastating. In short, organizations which are diverse and effectively and consistently promote inclusion outperform organizatons with only one or neither.

JOIN US

Advisory Board opportunity

Board of Directors opportunity

National Newsletter Committee

EVENTS

May 21, 2013 Wilmington Advisory Board Meeting

June 6, 2013 LGBT & Allies Diversity Summit

June 7, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting

June 10, 2013 Charlotte Advisory Board Meeting

June 18, 2013 Wilmington Advisory Board Meeting

July 5, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting

July 8, 2013 Charlotte Advisory Board Meeting

July 16, 2013 Wilmington Advisory Board Meeting

August 2, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting

Corporate Partners